Ted Talk

So my subject was on movies and I chose movies because I really like them and I know a lot about them. So once I decided on movies I realized I couldn’t just talk about movies I needed a subject or a question about movies. So I thought why don’t I take a example that really happened to me and turn it into a question. So I based my question off this when I watched this movie Chef that made me want to cook because the movie is about cooking. And I wanted to make that into a question like why did watching Chef make me want to become a chef. Then I got it that was going to be my subject Why Do Movies Influence Us To Try New Things.

So I started researching to see if there was a part of your brain that gave you these thoughts and I actually got some answers. The substantia nigra and the hippocampus control your creativity and a part in your hippocampus called your dentate gyrus controls curiosity.

Then I made a title card with a lot of movies on it that probably took me longer than it should have. Then I made two examples of movies that are pretty relative to what I’m talking about. The first one The Wolf Of Wall Street I specifically chose this movie because Jordan Belfort makes it look so easy to get rich. And all he did was join a firm and become convincing. So someone could watch that and be influenced to work at a firm when they grow up. I mean that’s literally what happened in the movie. This guy named Donnie saw Jordan’s car and immediately quit his job and started working for Jordan and guess what he also made a lot of money. Then my second example was Chef which I already said why I did.

Then I talked about the reason why it happens then I finished it was super fun to get ready and present this talk and I hope you guys go on to watch some movies.

One Reply to “Ted Talk”

1. Listening to your blog post was really cool, because I definitely agree with what you’re saying, and it’s definitely happened to me.